DTA residency will stay for me as one of the unforgettable projects, the experience and impact it has left on me, will follow me for many years. Now let’s circle back and let me tell you all the details I find interesting within this final presentation's 10 days residency.
Once we all arrived in Warsaw, Poland, we all together had a big meet up in the hotel to receive our accommodation keys and to get city transportation tickets, for us to make it easier to travel independently. Seeing our friends from previous residency was surprisingly overwhelming and we felt lucky & thankful that we met each other again within the project!
The accommodation itself was really nice & clean, even though the space was small it was perfectly suitable for a solo traveler. Together with tickets we also have received vouchers from local stores to buy ourselves dinner products and vouchers for the local bakery downstairs, which was nice for breakfast/brunch options.
After one day to rest and reset, we were all ready to hit our projects and start remodeling and remembering the whole concepts we have worked on previous year. We had rehearsals scheduled by Beata and we curators for the final show also had prepared a lineup with Mateusz, so everything was pretty much organized and we only had to focus on our works and perfect it.
We usually started our rehearsals in the morning and the last one was usually finishing around 6 pm. I personally participated in two performances and for me the day looked normally busy. Additionally I prepared my interactive multimedia experiment and changed the forms of showcasing it. Even though the physical work in rehearsal was medium level, mentally it was tiring to communicate with big groups of people in the workspace, but I would state that without so many interesting individuals, the project itself would be less interesting. On the other hand we had lunch in a restaurant every day together and it was a very pleasant situation to chat with everyone and communicate in a cozy environment.
Before the final show date, we had two days of technical rehearsals and run-throughs. The showcase space was okay but not really suitable for dancing as the floor was made of granite tiles with linoleum over it, but overall the space had good lighting and sound was also suitable.
The showcases took two days and were split into several selections. After each selection we had Q&A with artists and curators. I also participated as a curator and it was a pleasure to lead an interview and I enjoyed it a lot! During the last days we also managed to have a group talk with our partner organizations to plan the further projects or possible partnerships.
In the end we had a party night after the final show, we had a lot of fun and spent the beautiful moments together with participants and with our partner organizations. Saying goodbye to our new friends was sad and emotional but we all agreed that this is just the beginning for further collaborations.
To sum things up, I’m more than thankful to be part of this amazing opportunity to grow artistically and to connect with so many people from so different backgrounds and countries.
The project gave me a lot of inspiration and new important contacts across the world, which I believe will help me and my country to create beautiful partnerships in the future.
I want to sincerely thank every single person and organization who planned, managed and made this project happen. This was a very precious experience for me and I wish this project to continue and develop in many forms!
Special Thanks to NIMIT, TRAFIK, Arts Research Institute from Georgia and Movimento Danza!
By Nino "Xosilita" Khositashvili
Comments
Post a Comment