Skip to main content

#25 Residency in Georgia

The last residency week was the most intense. On June 12th I spent all the available time at the New Theatre, in creating my choreography: Trauma express. From the first moment I decided to create and direct the choreography without dancing. I wanted to have a clear eye of the ensemble. The eighteen performers who decided to be part of my project were completely committed to the rehearsals. I explained them the importance of starting the movement from the part of the body or from the emotion that the previous week, during the research we made, they chose to explore. Between them there were not only other residency colleagues, but also local dancers who dedicated their time and their artistry to me. This was a precious gift that I really appreciated a lot. Always on Monday I had the general rehearsal of Kote's project. With three cars, the other dancers and I reach the point from where we needed to walk through, in order to go back to the theatre and finish our performance. All this experience was very moving. I believe that Kote's piece shows is sensitivity and also his skills as director. I liked a lot to work with him and with the other guys involved in his project.

When we finished, although it was already late, my day was not over yet. Before returning to the hotel, I had to meet the lighting technician. I had a clear idea about what I wanted for my choreography and the lights were an important part of it. To achieve what I had in my mind, the technician needed to move and point several lights in a different spot respect the one were they originally were. Then I told him the combination and the timing of each light and he wrote every change on his computer. I also liked very much this part of the work. Around 11pm, late, but happy, I finally went to sleep.

On the 13th, I had general rehearsal directly at Movement theatre. In order to be ready for the next day, I set the lights during the performance while the technician was there, ready to help me in case of need. It was funny to sit on a chair suspended in the air, more than three meters above the stage. After the first run through, I noticed that the energy wasn't the one I wanted, so I spoke to the guys, I collected their opinions and then I asked them to try again, this time with the 'costumes' we had chosen. I changed the music tone and the performance was already better, but I was sure that with the audience they would have been more motivated. 

On the 14th, all the curators were in Tbilisi, so we had a meeting with them before going to the theatre. I was really excited about my 'work in progress' premiere but I also felt responsible for the guys. When the public entered the theatre I gave the sign for making the music start. When everybody was in, I switched on the first light and then, following my instinct, I changed a bit the light timing I had already set, in order to give more intensity to some of the couples who were under the spotlights. The performance was much better and I was proud of the work we all did in a little but efficient time. After mine, I attended the choreography by Toni and Iole and finally we could 'relax' and enjoy the evening.

The day after, I went to Gabriella's workshop. She made us work on time, space, directions, levels and other choreography’s principles. In the afternoon I had Kote's performance. So, once the workshop was finished, I went to the Movement Theatre and warmed up to get ready. The show was intense and beautiful. I loved to participate in this piece, I found the dramaturgy clear and emotional and I also appreciated how Kote helped us to connect with the refugees’ stories. 

The rest of the week, I continued with Gabriella and Zak’s workshops, we still had an amazing dinner at Levan’s place, with Iuri and all the residency guys, and the last performance days with Andrea piece about clubbing.











By Nicola Campanelli


რეზიდენტურის ბოლო კვირა ყველაზე ინტენსიური იყო. 12 ივნისს მთელი დრო გავატარე ახალ თეატრში ჩემი ქორეოგრაფიის შექმნაზე: Trauma Express. პირველივე მომენტიდან გადავწყვიტე შემექმნა და ქორეოგრაფია ცეკვის გარეშე შემექმნა. მინდოდა ანსამბლისთვის მკაფიო თვალი მქონოდა. თვრამეტი შემსრულებელი, რომლებმაც გადაწყვიტეს ჩემი პროექტის ნაწილი ყოფილიყვნენ, რეპეტიციებს მთლიანად ერთგულები იყვნენ. ავუხსენი მათ მოძრაობის დაწყების მნიშვნელობა სხეულის ნაწილიდან ან იმ ემოციიდან, რომელიც წინა კვირას, ჩვენ მიერ ჩატარებული კვლევის დროს, მათ არჩიეს გამოკვლევა. მათ შორის იყვნენ არა მხოლოდ რეზიდენტურის სხვა კოლეგები, არამედ ადგილობრივი მოცეკვავეები, რომლებმაც თავიანთი დრო და მხატვრობა დამიძღვნეს. ეს იყო ძვირფასი საჩუქარი, რომელსაც ძალიან ვაფასებდი. ყოველთვის ორშაბათს მქონდა კოტეს პროექტის გენერალური რეპეტიცია. სამი მანქანით, მე და სხვა მოცეკვავეები მივდივართ იქამდე, საიდანაც გვჭირდებოდა გავლა, რათა დავბრუნდეთ თეატრში და დავასრულოთ სპექტაკლი. მთელი ეს გამოცდილება ძალიან ამაღელვებელი იყო. მიმაჩნია, რომ კოტეს ნამუშევარი არის სენსიტიურობა და ასევე მისი რეჟისორული უნარები. ძალიან მომეწონა მასთან და მის პროექტში ჩართულ სხვა ბიჭებთან მუშაობა.

როცა დავამთავრეთ, თუმცა უკვე გვიანი იყო, ჩემი დღე ჯერ არ დასრულებულა. სასტუმროში დაბრუნებამდე განათების ტექნიკოსს უნდა შევხვედროდი. მე მქონდა მკაფიო წარმოდგენა იმის შესახებ, თუ რა მინდოდა ჩემი ქორეოგრაფიისთვის და განათება იყო მისი მნიშვნელოვანი ნაწილი. იმისთვის, რომ მივაღწიო იმას, რაც ჩემს გონებაში მქონდა, ტექნიკოსს სჭირდებოდა გადაადგილება და რამდენიმე ნათურის მითითება სხვა ადგილას, სადაც თავდაპირველად იყო. შემდეგ ვუთხარი თითოეული ნათურის კომბინაცია და დრო და მან დაწერა ყველა ცვლილება თავის კომპიუტერზე. მეც ძალიან მომეწონა ნაწარმოების ეს ნაწილი. დაახლოებით ღამის 11 საათზე, გვიან, მაგრამ ბედნიერი, ბოლოს და ბოლოს დავიძინე.

13-ში გენერალური რეპეტიცია მქონდა პირდაპირ მოძრაობის თეატრში. იმისთვის, რომ მეორე დღისთვის მზად ვიყო, სპექტაკლის დროს შუქები დავაყენე, სანამ ტექნიკოსი იქ იყო, მზად იყო დამეხმაროს საჭიროების შემთხვევაში. სასაცილო იყო ჰაერში დაკიდებულ სკამზე ჯდომა, სცენაზე სამ მეტრზე მეტი. პირველი გაშვების შემდეგ შევამჩნიე, რომ ენერგია არ იყო ისეთი, როგორიც მე მინდოდა, ამიტომ ველაპარაკე ბიჭებს, დავაგროვე მათი მოსაზრებები და შემდეგ ვთხოვე, კიდევ ერთხელ სცადონ, ამჯერად ჩვენ მიერ შერჩეული "კოსტუმებით". მუსიკის ტონი შევცვალე და შესრულება უკვე უკეთესი იყო, მაგრამ დარწმუნებული ვიყავი, რომ მაყურებელთან ერთად უფრო მოტივირებული იქნებოდნენ.

14-ში ყველა კურატორი თბილისში იყო, თეატრში წასვლამდე მათთან შეხვედრა გვქონდა. ძალიან აღფრთოვანებული ვიყავი ჩემი "სამუშაო მიმდინარეობის" პრემიერით, მაგრამ ასევე პასუხისმგებლობას ვგრძნობდი ბიჭების წინაშე. როდესაც საზოგადოება შემოვიდა თეატრში, მე მივეცი მუსიკის დაწყების ნიშანი. როცა ყველა შემოვიდა, პირველი შუქი ჩავრთე და შემდეგ, ჩემი ინსტინქტით, ცოტა შევცვალე უკვე დაყენებული განათების დრო, რათა მეტი ინტენსივობა მიმეცა პროჟექტირების ქვეშ მყოფ ზოგიერთ წყვილს. სპექტაკლი ბევრად უკეთესი იყო და ვამაყობდი იმ საქმით, რომელიც ყველამ გავაკეთეთ მცირე, მაგრამ ეფექტური დროში. ჩემის შემდეგ ტონისა და იოლის ქორეოგრაფიას დავესწარი და ბოლოს „დავისვენეთ“ და საღამოთი ვისიამოვნეთ.

მეორე დღეს გაბრიელას სახელოსნოში წავედი. მან გვაიძულებდა გვემუშავა დროზე, სივრცეზე, მიმართულებებზე, დონეზე და სხვა ქორეოგრაფიის პრინციპებზე. შუადღისას კოტეს გამოსვლა მქონდა. ასე რომ, როგორც კი სახელოსნო დასრულდა, წავედი მოძრაობის თეატრში და გავთბები, რომ მოვემზადო. შოუ იყო ინტენსიური და ლამაზი. მომეწონა ამ ნაწარმოებში მონაწილეობა, დრამატურგია ნათელი და ემოციური დამხვდა და ასევე ვაფასებდი, როგორ დაგვეხმარა კოტე ლტოლვილების ისტორიებთან დაკავშირებაში.

დანარჩენი კვირა გავაგრძელე გაბრიელას და ზაკის სახელოსნოებით, ჯერ კიდევ საოცარი ვახშამი გვქონდა ლევანთან, იურისთან და რეზიდენციის ყველა ბიჭთან ერთად და ბოლო სპექტაკლის დღეები ანდრეასთან ერთად, ქლაბინგზე.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#135 Poland final presentations toolbox

  1-12 August 2024 Final presentations in Warszawa, Poland. The "Dancing Together Again! Creative Residencies Programme, a project implemented by the National Institute of Music and Dance in Warsaw (Poland), the Arts Research Institute of Georgia in Tbilisi (Georgia), Movimento Danza in Naples (Italy) and TRAFIK Dance/Theatre Company in Rijeka (Croatia), took place in 2023-2024 under the Creative Europe Programme, under the Culture strand. The overall objective of the project was to promote cultural exchange and collaboration between dance professionals from Poland, Georgia, Italy and Croatia, with a focus on the creative process and its integration into local communities. The programme aimed to create a new framework for the exchange of ideas, creative methods and practices between artists, curators, arts managers and researchers working in the field of dance. It focused on audience development through direct engagement with local communities, sustainability in the context of dan...

#112 Final presentations in Poland

DTA residency will stay for me as one of the unforgettable projects, the experience and impact it has left on me, will follow me for many years. Now let’s circle back and let me tell you all the details I find interesting within this final presentation's 10 days residency. Once we all arrived in Warsaw, Poland, we all together had a big meet up in the hotel to receive our accommodation keys and to get city transportation tickets, for us to make it easier to travel independently. Seeing our friends from previous residency was surprisingly overwhelming and we felt lucky & thankful that we met each other again within the project! The accommodation itself was really nice & clean, even though the space was small it was perfectly suitable for a solo traveler. Together with tickets we also have received vouchers from local stores to buy ourselves dinner products and vouchers for the local bakery downstairs, which was nice for breakfast/brunch options. After one day to rest and res...

#127 Final presentations in Poland

Re-connecting in final residency in Warsaw It was a great opportunity for me to be a part of dance residency EU Project "Dancing together again" and to connect to other colleagues from participating countries, first in Napoli, then finally meeting all colleagues in Warsaw who have participated in previous residencies in Tbilisi, Rijeka and Napoli. I am very grateful to be able to participate in this project as the residencies were a rare opportunity for me to be able to focus only on dance artistic process, without needing to take care of other everyday duties. The weather in Warsaw was much cooler than in my hometown Zagreb during summer, which I really liked. However, this time it affected me in such a way that after the first few days of residency I got sick with a high fever and was forced to spend a few days in my room before I recovered. This unexpected situation allowed me enough space to process all the new information about first impressions of Warsaw residency on ...