"Theory, practice, farewell"
The last week in Tbilisi has been very intense, emotionally, and workwise.
The temperatures rose and it was a great rush between one theatre and another, between one meeting and another.
I was able to give my presentation on "The ritual of Clubbing: the subversive edge in social practice" in front of colleagues and new friends, trying to highlight how Clubbing is a very broad social practice that contains many dimensions in it: politics, ritual, practices of resistance, social costumes, and issues related to corporeality. I didn’t trace a straight road, but I have made continuous inversions and deviations, trying in a short time to give some points of reflections not only to researchers, but also to other artists who want to approach this dimension, or to exchange impressions.
I joined the beautiful dinner at Levan’s house, with so many toasts and so much wine and food, and it was like home, somehow: I really hope to go back soon in Tbilisi.
My performance, A subversive body, was the one that closed the festival program in the Movement Theatre: I wasn't sure what I was going to do, partly due to technical problems and partly due to the lack of an adequate number of rehearsals in space. The audience was very participative and enthusiastic, and it was a real surprise that I received the award for best performance from the festival, signed from the "Dancing together, again!" jury.
I am so grateful to Josipa Bubaš and Michèl Zakaidze for helping me and creating with me this exciting performance.



Comments
Post a Comment