The second week of DTA Residency turned out to be full of intensive rehearsals and so will be the third week as we are approaching the presentation day. We work hard to develop our ideas and concepts and put them in digital or physical forms. For me personally, this part is the most interesting part of the residency, as we start working with other artists, learn from each other, observe different artistic approaches and teach each other new skills, materials. I appreciate that we have to present our work in process and not the final product. It would be nearly impossible and would cause stress and chaos. In that case we would be more oriented on the final product rather than to explore, try collaborations, listen to each other, develop ideas and build powerful artistic connections.
I think this residency gives an amazing opportunity to try new things and connect to various artists and cultures in different ways. Therefore when I was asked, I decided to participate in 2 works of different artists (authors), co-direct and perform in collaborative work and merge personal ideas of creation to other’s pieces. I mostly work alone and this approach will be the best outcome for my personal and artistic development and not only. I still will be able to continue my solo work on the subject,a concept that I developed during this residency and I believe this is what matters the most, what can we take from this period of time.
I would also love to add that we had meeting with partners from Italy, Poland and Georgia, went to check out presentation’s location HKD and also had some beautiful workshops including: Duet with the camera led by Sellena, 2 day movement workshop by Gabriella Stazio, workshop of observing our body weight & balance by Giulia and Claudia, stretching and partnering massage by Kamil. We also experienced “Aimless wandering” practice - trip to the woods by Melita Sorola Stanicic.
To sum up, it was an intensive and important week full of new experiences. On Sunday Justyna and I took a little boat trip from Opatija and enjoyed the last days of summer.



Comments
Post a Comment