“Napule è mille culure”
“Naples is a thousand colors”- it’s one of the first refrains comes to my mind as I walk through the streets of this wonderful city, full of shades, contrasts of shapes and warm, always helpful people around, curious and ready to come and ask if you need some help, with a smile that melts your heart.
Am I romanticizing? Of course, I am. Because the stories about Naples are those collected since my very childhood:
Vesuvio's eruption and devotion to San Gennaro;
Caravaggio's years of exile;
Films with Toto and my favorite productions directed by Paolo Sorrentino;
Great waves of emigration and stories of Italians departing from the port of Naples (which recalls the current situation in Georgia and gives some hope).
Smooth, nostalgic voice of Enrico Carruso and the overwhelming passion of Riccardo Muti.
Maradona and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (which gives joy and hope as well).
These stories are endless, but now I’m here and I have a completely different Naples around me, in Vomero district and Gabriella Stazio’s dancing school, but still reach and colorful with 12 amazing participants, everyone with their own history to add and create unique storytelling, through the dancing art and maybe even with the famous opening words:
Once in Naples…
Let’s see and hope.
By Irina Bagauri
Comments
Post a Comment