This two-year period was very fruitful and interesting. Although I took part in only in Georgian and Polish residency, I could imagine being part of all of them, through my friends, through posts and blogs. I think that we really had a great experience working within groups (which consisted of participants from different country), working on very interesting topics and projects.
I am sure many of us are planning to find some continuation of their projects which were made under this residency. Also, it’s interesting to see how can perspectives change through a year, and how can you use your ‘new’ mind to reshape already baked product of last residency. For example, one peace where I was taking part (277,403 by K.Liparteliani) was very interesting project even from the beginning, and the topic is very active for all time - Fleeing, Refuges, War. It is pleasure, being able to take this peace outside of Georgia only and to show it as many people, countries as possible. So, Poland was our final destination during the residency but the peace itself will continue to live, hopefully.
I particularly am very happy to meet new people during these 2 years and maintain friendly and working relationships with them.
During the residency I had an opportunity to find new artists and get know their interesting various styles, that you can use for better cooperation, or even better understanding of you own working style.
By Oliko Barbakadze



Comments
Post a Comment