Before the first of August arrived, I thought and fantasised a lot about this residency in Poland. This concerns my personal situation, as never before this ‘occasion’ have I left my son for so long without me. While the first residency in Naples was perfectly compatible with my private planning, I knew that this experience would be completely new. And so it turned out to be. Being alone, I was able to deepen countless aspects that this project brings. Deepening all aspects of being an artist who has decided to have a family and still struggles to find her individual space. During the days in Warsaw, I explored first and foremost the relational sphere, which is no less important than the artistic sphere and which acts as a glue to everything else. The fact that I slept together with all my colleagues in the same building, that we organised ourselves together for the project and non-project activities, created a community atmosphere and allowed me to enjoy the time I had, with others and alone. From an artistic point of view, the different projects I have pursued have matured, although I think the expectation of a final presentation has partly changed the spirit that I found in the first residency: in Naples there was more time for sharing practices and approaches, here we inevitably had to mediate with the time available thinking about a return. This also leads to results, although it seems that time is never enough. I finally got to see all the other projects and deeply enjoyed experiencing their genesis and evolution. I talked a lot with my colleagues to better understand their research and this inevitably moved something in me, which I hope will lead to new creative insights. I really hope that through this experience I can cultivate artistic and above all human relationships, and that it does not remain just a nice opportunity, but that it proves to be the beginning of new paths.
By Sara Lupoli
Comments
Post a Comment