“The skill of adjusting”
Despite the difficulties encountered in getting to Warsaw, I had decided to undertake a work that was in continuity with the one presented in Georgia in 2023 about "Subversive Bodies".
I continued to work on the physicality and ritual of clubbing as subversive imagery. However, I delved into the queer, instinctive figure of the faun, inspired by Nijinsky's "L'après-midi d'un faune". I did not follow a straight path, but made continuous inversions and detours, trying to realise a reenactment of the famous play.
The faun is a mythological, hybrid being, outside social norms: he lives in a dream state, in an intermediate stage between surrendered lassitude and uncontrollable euphoria.
The faun rejects the economy of success, production and excellence, living in an eternal ‘prelude’ that does not need an ending - an orgasm, a revolution - but only a moment full of life, as if living eternally in a party, in a club.
I am very grateful to Josipa Bubaš for helping me again in this process.
By Andrea Zardi
Comments
Post a Comment