Things happen Each project has its strengths and weaknesses. The artistic residency in Poland was meant to take up the project each of us worked on in the previous step. In my case, I was ahead of schedule (used to my company's production time) and found myself free enough to take part in other projects such as Nicola Campanelli's project, which I enjoyed. Creation, and art in general, does not have set timeframes that are equally applicable to every artist, so you have to make your own arrangements with your material and the artists you work with. Certainly there has been an overabundance of projects and thus there has been a dispersion of energy: not everyone is born a staged creator (professionally speaking). This is a reflection that also relates the very fast times of the contemporary world, which, however, do not match with the serious artist's times. Art needs its own space/time.
I was happy to meet other people by giving them my energy with great pleasure. The beauty of the projects lies in the great connection between the artists and in creating new long-distance communities.
By Nyko Piscopo



Comments
Post a Comment